SPOILER ALERT!! Just in case I start to ramble and don't realize I just spoiled something that I didn't mean too.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Highlander: The Source - Mini Rant

Highlander: The Source, a lot of people look at this movie as the lowest point of the Highlander series although I feel much differently. I'm not saying this was a good movie by any standards but it also was no where near as bad as 'Highlander: Endgame'. I have a personal hatred for that movie and I really think it has a lot to do with the constant adding and changing of the story, plus the complete ruining of Connor MacLeod. Anyways back to 'The Source'. This movie has what is probably the smartest guy in the entire series in it. The Guardian of the Source, now as stupid as his character acts, he actually made the movie for me, I was always able to get a good laugh outta him. He wears a piece of armor around his neck, and ya know what that armor does? I'll tell you. It PREVENTS anyone from being able to cut his head off....now think about that for a second. In a universe where there exists people who are immortal and can only die by having their heads chopped off, it took this dumb mother fucker to get the idea to wear neck armor, thus making him the smartest character in the series. Although only seconds after using his armor he does the stupidest thing in the series when he removes his armor to go and take on the rest of the immortals. Really though if he hadn't taken off his armor then I probably wouldn't have liked him as much for it was his facial expressions along with his voice that made him so funny. And if he had kept the armor on it would've made the ending at least make a little more sense, since Duncan wouldn't have been able to chop his head off and would've had to do something to stop him. Just for the record I'm not saying that I condone Duncan using the Bugs Bunny trick and spinning the Guardian into the ground, I'm just saying that if he had on his armor then it would've made sense to do something like that, kind of. Now for the ending, the biggest piece of bullshit in this movie besides the way Methos is taken out of the movie. The end of this movie completely changes and tries to retcon the entire series by changing the meaning of the films' motto, "There can be only one." In the original movie that phrase meant that only one immortal could be alive and in this movie it is changed to being that there can be hundreds of immortals but that there is only one who is of pure heart and can have a child....bullshit! If that was the case then why the fuck did Connor get all old in the second movie and then get young again when those porcupine twins showed up. Well actually that already didn't make sense if you look at the third film. This series doesn't make any sense at all, I think their purpose with these movies are just to fuck with every single fan who cares about this series. OK now that I got that off of my chest I feel a little better although the movie is still bad. Actually I think talking about it makes me hate it even more. Whatever, I'm done for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment