SPOILER ALERT!! Just in case I start to ramble and don't realize I just spoiled something that I didn't mean too.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Green Hornet Review

Just got back from seeing Green Hornet and wow. That movie was really good and an awesome one to kick off 2011. Honestly I had kinda low expectations going into it, having never seen the original and knowing next to nothing about The Green Hornet. I'm pretty sure the original wasn't this comical, although I could see Bruce Lee in the role of Kato pretty easily, it just fit. I'll say the movies story isn't that solid. Rich snobby kid decides to fight crime with his insanely talented "oriental" friend. Of course there are a few plot holes like Green Hornet getting shot and going to the hospital the next day for a wound that's supposed to be fresh and a few other moments I won't get to into. Also I haven't seen the laws of physics broken so many times since 'The A-Team'. There now the bad's outta the way. I didn't really care for the villain in the movie, I liked him as a kinda dull guy that nobody found scary until he started killing but then his character tries way, way to hard to become a masked villain to take on Green Hornet and I was just ready to see him die. Oh and one of my favorite parts was the short (But non the less awesome) appearance of James Franco as a club owner. I marked out like crazy when I saw him on screen. Matter of fact seeing him die was probably my biggest complaint of the movie. Well not seeing him die necessarily but seeing him die so early in. Speaking of complaints again, and this has nothing to do with the movie itself but man the heat in that theater was cranking. And leave it to me to get there right before the crowd but pick the seat directly under the vent but that's the theaters fault not the movies, I just wanted to get that out. Also my theater has the coolest movie posters and cardboard cut out things I've ever seen in a theater, so I'll let the temperature thing go this time. Anyways back to the movie, it was a great movie, go see it. But when you see it, go in looking to be entertained, not to see the next Oscar winner if you get what I'm saying. It's a fun, really funny action movie that's definitely worth checking out. Oh and I saw it in 2D, not 3D. I didn't see the point of paying the extra ten clams for the 3D effect in a movie that I was seeing mostly for the comedy. One more thing, even though Kevin Smith didn't write it, Green Hornet still hides behind a rock...Hell yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment